The main objective is to show companies and their employees the attractiveness of public transport systems compared to car use. Especially in the New Member States private car ownership is rising rapidly. BENEFIT will address this issue and aims to achieve a modal shift from the car back to public transport, and in the process, achieve substantial energy savings, emissions reductions and cost reductions. Further specific objectives are:
- to raise awareness among employees and students;
- to spread the knowledge of BENEFIT and its contents in the broadest and comprehensive way (especially focus on New Member States);
- to save energy through a modal shift towards public transport in the order of 2.3 million litres of fuel;
- to optimise information about public transport services;
- to identify and involve relevant key market players.