TRANSBOARDER COOPERATION BULGARIA-ROMANIA IN DANUBE-BLACK SEA ENVIRONMENTAL AREA
Project duration: 8 months (January-August 2005)
Partner organization: ECOSENS, Romania
Project goal: To analyze the results of the common actions performed by Bulgarian and Romanian NGOs in environmental area in the target region and to establish a sustainable strategy for further actions.
* To analyze the achievements of all performed projects and their impact on the environment in the target region.
* To evaluate and analyze the risks of environmental actions in order of their further prevention.
* To study the needs in the region related to environmental preservation and restoration and to propos real activities for meeting these needs through common trans-border actions.
* To strengthen the capacity of the third sector in both countries in the environmental area.
* To attract the attention of the society, businesses and media to the ecological problems in the region aiming their commitment for further projects.
As a result of the project a Strategy for cross-boarder cooperation has been created, as well as a Projects data base as a first step to the elaboration of Trans-boarder projects’ database.